The update to version 15.71 incorporates the following changes:
- The Zemax conversion program ZMC has been modified. Some zmx files come in with a conic constant of zero, but SYNOPSYS treats any surface with a declared CC to be aspheric, which affects many other features, such as graphics rendering. Now it checks, and if the CC is zero, it does not add a CC directive to the RLE file. So the surface remains purely spherical.
- DSEARCH now allows an AFOCAL directive in the GOALS section. Before, it only assigned that property if you used the current front end and it was declared there. This is more friendly.
- The program now reorders your wavelengths if you do not observe the protocol: long first, short last. Converting from a different program can come in reversed. The only major difference is the sign of the chromatic aberrations — but it is s good idea to be consistent everywhere.
- PAD and DWG now illustrate an immersed object type OBA by drawing the object surface and connecting it to surface 1. That area is presumed filled with the immersion medium.
- The program that prepares a step file of the lens, STFILE, has been enhanced. Now the native spherical shape and rotationally symmetric edges are all used where appropriate, and we have tested the results on eDrawings and ABViewer. You should not have to use the panel option anymore, which will reduce the size of the step file by almost a factor of 50. The PANELS mode is still available, in case your CAD program stumbles on the new files.
- There were no bugs reported this update.
The update to version 15.72 incorporates the following changes:
- There were no new features in this update.
- The scan function for Image Tools plots (MIT) did not work properly if the lens was AFOCAL. Also, the c/mm scale was incorrect.
- The third-order pupil aberration DIP was not correct for AFOCAL systems.
The update to version 15.73.1 incorporates the following changes:
- THERM now accepts surface 0 for the TH coefficients.
- The UNSTATIC declaration did not work.
- In AEI, the program always tried to vary YP1, even if the current APS surface was not in the active region.
- The PGA and THERM listings for materials GE-NIR and SILICON-NIR said there were no dn/dt data. Those data are implied for those materials, and the listing now says so.
The update to version 15.74 incorporates the following changes:
- A new material has been added to the U catalog. SAPBIREF is a birefringent version of sapphire.
- The MMO dialog now has a button for the WMODEL version of DMODEL.
- Multicore footprints turned on quiet mode, but failed to turn it off afterward.
- THERM did not honor an immersed object. Also, thermal shadowing did not work correctly with DOE surfaces such as type USS 16.
- PSPRD M … did not work correctly if the lens had only a single wavelength defined.
- USE CURRENT + DWG, which annotates an assembly drawing with tolerances, listed the airspace following a cemented element twice.
- USE CURRENT + DSEARCH no longer leaves a CSTOP in effect if the stop is not in the retained portion. it also deletes any WAP 2 or 3 that is in effect.
You can download this version at the following link:
If your support is current, you can run the full version of this release. All users are encouraged to keep their support current and to install updates as soon as they are available.
The update to version 15.75 incorporates the following changes:
- The STP file converter has been enhanced. Now it displays correctly on all the rendering products we have tested (eDarwings, ABViewer, and SolidWorks).
- The Chinese Guanming glass catalog has been enhanced with the addition of 33 new glass types.
- ELD now has an option that lets you enter certain annotations in the input file. So you don’t have to type them individually on each element.
- A new feature, RFS will recast a surface as a Forbes type A surface with type USS 9.
- The LEO listing formatted some aspheric terms without leaving a space before a minus sign. Although the program had no problem reading the file, it was confusing for humans to read.
- The MIT option to smooth a trace crashes if the lens is AFOCAL..
- The features to recast a surface as a NURBS or extended NURBES surface have an option to only vary half of the control points if the surface is bilaterally symmetric. But the other half was not picked up correctly.
- ELD did not position the notes for aspheric terms correctly if side 1 had one of the more advanced types.