The update to version 15.80 incorporates the following changes:
- The keystroke to undo a recent lens change now reverts to the last WorkSheet Update version of the lens. Before, it updated only when you exited WS.
- The Image Tools Menu (MIT) now has the option to show an image trace either normalized or raw. The latter shows the fraction of energy captured for some targets.
- The maximum length of input lines has been increased from 90 to 100 characters. This allows more precision in the output of aspheric coefficients.
- The wrong pickup surface was shown on the TH options dialog.
- A problem was discovered when creating a custom coating stack.
- The MDI menu name was incorrectly listed as MFO in some dialogs.
- The Extended Image Analysis (EAI) feature did not work properly.
- The tray displayed a notice if ACON pickups were assigned, even after that option was turned off.
The update to version 15.81 incorporates the following changes:
- The DSEARCH option to USE CURRENT now leaves any WAP setting in the current lens intact, even if the pupil is not in that section, which is a useful way to control the pupil in the final lens.
- A new RLE option SFOV sets the field of view to a square, keeping the X-dimension equal to the Y.
- A new option is available in DSEARCH and ZSEARCH; WAC activates wide-angle correction for the starting systems, which can help with very wide-angle designs where few of the candidates will trace otherwise.
- An RLE file name can now contain embedded periods. Before, the MWL dialog did not show those file names properly.
- The optimization program by default tests the derivative increments and reduces any that cause ray failures. You can now defeat this step if you need to with NDTEST after the PANT file.
- Glass names can now be entered with or without quote marks. Before the usage was inconsistent.
- The real pupil search could fail if the skew field was nonzero.
- Some problems were related to the change in input line length from 90 to 100. Affected features were the DIR command and the black-box feature. among others.
The update to version 15.82 incorporates the following changes:
- MACro names may now contain an embedded period.
- The programs AAA and ADA now list the surface number and merit function of all results, so you can utilize a solution other than the top one if necessary.
- DSEARCH now deletes any previous lens files before executing. So you will not get old files (if fewer than 10 new ones are found) and wonder where they came from.
- The Monte-Carlo program MC now prints the average, mean value, and peak of each histogram.
- Switch 84 ON is now a default setting. MTF calculations usually work better that way.
- GSEARCH now has a SUBSET option, where you can specify which elements are to be matched to which glass catalogs, should the default not produce what you want.
- The MFK (Foucault test) dialog did not update the display when you clicked Update, but only if you selected the X or Y direction.
- MC would in some situations incorrectly account for one or more cases in the final statistics.
- The tilt and decenter dialog found in the SPS spreadsheet did not work properly.
The update to version 15.83 incorporates the following changes:
- The default weight on a TOTAL request remains at 0.1 if no value is entered. Before, the weight became zero.
- A new option is turned on for multicore optimization via switch 99. Now the higher cores will not be terminated when the optimization finishes. This is so you can run the annealing program, reusing those cores, without the overhead of starting and stopping each one at each temperature. The process therefore runs much faster. This option is now the default, and can be turned on and off with the third argument on the C99 command.
- The “mean” value printed by MC is now labeled the “median”, which is more appropriate.
- The search option on the MWL dialog did not always work properly.
- The ZLEVEL version of the PUPIL command did not work properly.
- The ZSEARCH … SINGLE option did not display the zoombar.